Tuesday, December 1, 2009

london to paris.


Went to the screening of London to Paris tonight behind the Trumen Brewery building on Brick lane. The location for the screening could not have been any better, it was the old loading dock for the warehouse and had plenty of space for some bikers to throw down some tricks. They also had some free food and red bull, what a deal. There was a good 200 people who turned up for the screening of the film that featured a few locals from London. The biking community here is amazing, so many kids involved and everyone helping out to get events like this together. The documentary was pretty good, it has some alright production. it was more just inspiration and made me want to get on my bike so bad.

Is took these two images off London fixed gears blog (londonfixedgear)to show how cool the set up was at the screening. They had three bikes hooked up to generators to produce the electricity needed to power the laptop and projector for the film. Such a good idea. The image below is from behind the venue and shows how many people turned up for it even though it was about 5 degrees Celsius.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time and a great film! Were they really riding fixie's the whole way?

    I got back on my mountain bike yesterday after not biking at all for almost 2 months and it was anything but glorious. I think I'm in the worst shape of my life. It's too bad it's so cold now... I'd love to be riding more. Maybe the weather will hold out and let you get a little cruise in when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Followers